Job Post from: Latino Media Network
Who We Are
Latino Media Network (LMN) is a multimedia start-up serving the Latinx community by helping them make sense of the world and their place in it. We inspire, inform and celebrate Latinxs through an audio focused multimedia network, owned and operated by members of our community.
Historic Fundraising by Latina Co-Founders
- LMN has received one of the largest capital raises of a Latina owned & operated start-up in the U.S with over $80MM in capital raised from a diverse set of investors.
- Co-founders and social entrepreneurs, Stephanie Valencia and Jess Morales Rocketto, launched Latino Media Network as a media company serving the HIspanic community, owned by Latinxs for Latinxs.
- LMN’s frst acquisition of 18 radio stations in 10 markets from Univision, has created a unique distribution network (with the potential to reach upwards of two thirds of the U.S. Latinx population) to build from.
- Our newly formed C-suite will lead and continue to scale the Company into a multimedia content creation and distribution platform.
Inspiring Community-Driven Mission
- LMN’s mission is to help Latinxs make sense of the world and their place in it by inspiring, informing and celebrating Hispanics through an audio focused multimedia network. We embrace cultural pride by telling Latinx stories, addressing community concerns and talking about opportunities for a better future.
- We achieve this by focusing on content creation across a variety of culturally relevant subjects and help our community navigate the ocean of information that exists in our society.
The Power and Reach of Audio
- Audio is the constant companion of the Hispanic consumer. According to Nielsen, radio remains one of the most reliable ways to reach Hispanic consumers, and in particular, Spanish-dominant Hispanics, as they listen to more radio than any other racial or language group. Hispanic audiences just can’t get enough of audio, with Edison Research reporting that Latino podcast listeners are up 44% from last year.
- Latino Media Network sees an incredible opportunity in audio, as it is an effective medium to reach many Hispanics. Ethnic media is a powerful, trusted presence in our communities, and its infuence is only growing in the Hispanic community. In 2020, causes and organizations spent millions of dollars to engage and turnout Hispanics through radio advertising, but Hispanic audiences are also being targeted and persuaded by misinformation at alarming rates.
The Role x You
Latino Media Network is seeking organized, detail oriented and effcient individuals to be Radio Show Coordinators based out of Las Vegas to support the Los Angeles Stations. As a Radio Show Coordinator, you will play a critical role in the planning, execution, and follow-up of our AM radio shows. You will collaborate with show producers, talent, and the technology teams to create a cohesive and dynamic listening experience that resonates with our audience and meets our strategic objectives.
- Coordinate the daily production workfow and operations of assigned shows.
- Assist talent and producers with research, writing, and production strategies to enhance show quality.
- Handle audio production and editing to ensure brand consistency and audience engagement.
- Collaborate with creative, marketing and promotions teams to develop and implement strategies for promoting shows across multi-channels, like social media. Work on multiple projects at once, managing them in an organized fashion
- Assist with prep show details including coordinating schedules with talent, printing scripts, greeting artists and guests, writing and sending call sheets, etc
- Bring an array of original ideas and concepts to promote audience participation
- Schedule and facilitate meetings, rehearsals, and debrief sessions with show hosts, producers, and technical staff to ensure smooth coordination and communication.
You Have These
- At least 2 years of experience in radio show production, preferably screening calls within Spanish-language formats
- Knowledge of radio broadcasting principles, including scripting, editing, sound production, and FCC regulations
- Profciency in computer software, radio board operation, audio/video editing tools
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with digital media platforms, social media strategies, and audience engagement techniques
- Ability to act in a professional manner and collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders including clients and colleagues of different levels
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances or technical challenges
- Ability to work fexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate live broadcasts, events, and production deadlines
- The ideal candidate is organized, capable, creative and pays close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Offce Suite, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn and utilize content management systems and follow best practices
- Excellent project management skills and high work standards
- Ability to work within prescribed guidelines without needing close supervision
- Understanding of when to seek guidance for unforeseen problems
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
We’d Love If You Also Have These
- A passion for media, storytelling, and connecting with diverse audiences, particularly within the Latino community.
- Ability to work in a live broadcast setting.
- Prior start up experience.
How To Apply
To be considered for this role please send your resume, cover letter and your answers to the questions below to this email: email@example.com
We understand that you are much more than your resume and we want to get to know you. Without telling us something we’ve already read from your resume, please submit within the Personal Summary section below your responses to the following 3 questions:
- What makes you the ideal candidate for this position and why?
- What excites you about LMN and this position?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
We strive to attract diverse top talent who are inspired by our mission, aligned to our values and are motivated to grow and make an impact, rather than candidates who check all the boxes, but aren’t committed. We encourage you to apply and show us how your unique experiences, strengths and capabilities can best be utilized at LMN!
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifcations, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of LMN’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, paid time off, and other benefts.
The hourly range for this position is $18.00 – $22.00 per hour.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
Latino Media Network is an equal opportunity employer. All qualifed applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. LMN also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at LMN. Latino Media Network is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.