Job Post from: KTNV
- KTNV, the E.W. Scripps ABC affiliate in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada, is seeking a Digital Content Producer.
As a Digital Content Producer, you will organize, write scripts, and update content on digital platforms, primarily focusing on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. You will create compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station’s and/or Scripps brand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Write and edit content, including headlines, short news alerts, and teases, enhancing content with outside links, maps, and slideshows.
- Publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including the station’s local website and mobile and social networks, using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Produce digital video when assigned.
- Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality, consistent community coverage online.
- Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
- Update and interact with fans/followers on social media.
- Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned.
- Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
- Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
- Optimize the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices to every piece of content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Generally 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Skilled with content management systems, hypertext markup language (HTML), audio editing, image editing, cascading style sheets (CSS) and social networking
- Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content
- Must have basic HTML formatting skills and working knowledge file transfer protocol (FTP)/publishing web content
- Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and multi-tasking
- Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/handheld video cameras
- Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms
- Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website
- Basic video editing skills a plus
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If you know of anyone that may be interested, please direct them to our website or have them contact HR Generalist Sarah Johnson at Sarah.Johnson@scripps.com if they have any questions.