Marketing & Research Coordinator
Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company, with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets, addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities across all screens and devices for advertisers and brands. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada, has an immediate opening for a Research and Marketing Assistant. The Research & Marketing Coordinator is an important team member of the KLAS sales department and works on a wide variety of research and marketing related tasks and projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong written and visual communication skills and can format complex information into clear and concise documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates sales presentations and one-sheets for the sales department.
- Learns key reporting functions and maintains data updates in media research software programs such as Nielsen, Comscore, and other programs as required.
- Provides media marketing and research reports utilizing software programs from other quantitative and qualitative sources.
- Reports television program scheduling and titling information
- Creates customized sales and research presentations in collaboration with Account Executives for individual client presentations.
- Assists Account Executives with compiling campaign performance data and formatting reports.
- Assists with coordinating special projects, sales-driven promotions, and other station events.
- Provides department heads with audience reports by pulling information from media research programs.
- The responsibilities of this role may grow as our sales department needs evolve.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other related degree. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office products. (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly on a self-directed training schedule.
- Problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented. Strong writing skills.
- Some experience in graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Knowledge of media related software including Nielsen, Comscore and Wide Orbit is a PLUS.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Research & Marketing Coordinator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled