Engineering Assistant (4060)
Entravision is a leading global advertising, media, and ad-tech solutions company connecting brands to consumers by representing top platforms and publishers. Our service portfolio enables high-performance campaigns using highly competitive audience reach, cutting-edge mobile programmatic solutions, machine-learned bidding algorithms, and demand-side platforms on a global scale.
In the US, Entravision is a leader in Hispanic marketing & media solutions, serving local and national Clients for more than 25 years. Our unique portfolio includes primarily Spanish language TV & Radio broadcast assets across 35 markets, an exclusive audio network & streaming platform, and a robust mix of curated digital & social media content solutions. We are seeking an Engineering Assistant for our Las Vegas market. This is a full-time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
- Set up, install, and maintain gear associated with Radio/TV/IT areas such STL microwaves, stream encoders and decoders, Cisco switches, Nevion TSG-425 series IP gateways, and Cradlepoints
- Performing regular maintenance and repair of broadcast and related equipment using
- knowledge and understanding of work tools, test equipment, and system operations on Gates Air Maxiva TV transmitters and Flexiva FM transmitters.
- Prepare and execute regular maintenance schedules, reports, and documentation for the transmission sites and engineering.
- Assisting in maintaining and installing computer workstations, computer-based television production, and automation broadcast equipment.
- Maintaining equipment stocks and inventories, reports, and keeping common areas clean and organized.
- Some overnight or weekend hours may be required.
- Other duties as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- 2 year AAS in Electronics is preferred, but a general radio and/or television background in a broadcast facility would suffice.
- Experience/knowledge of non-linear editing systems, radio and television broadcast equipment, radio and television broadcast transmission equipment, computer-based production systems, microphones, and multimedia journalist cameras.
- The ideal candidate must have at least a high school or equivalency education.
- General computer background with Windows OS, Google Sheets/Docs, and GMAIL are extremely helpful.
- General familiarity with Office products like Word/Excel and PowerPoint would be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical to this role, as well as solid reporting and writing skills and excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to lift at least 50 pounds to handle equipment, climb ladders safely, and maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.