TV Multi-Media Journalist (4053)
Entravision is a leading global advertising, media and ad-tech solutions company connecting brands to consumers by representing top platforms and publishers. Our service portfolio enables high-performance campaigns while using highly competitive audience reach, cutting-edge mobile programmatic solutions, machine-learned bidding algorithms and demand-side platforms on a global scale.
In the US, Entravision is a leader in Hispanic marketing & media solutions serving both local and national Clients for more than 25 years. Our unique portfolio includes primarily Spanish language TV & Radio broadcast assets across 35 markets, an exclusive audio network & streaming platform, and a robust mix of curated digital & social media content solutions. We are seeking at TV Multi-Media Journalists for our Las Vegas market. This is a Full Time position. Actual schedule and hours may vary. Must be willing to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation. Must be able to work holidays.
- Assist with various aspects of news production. Responsible for shooting, writing, editing, and publishing content, coordinating and conducting interviews, and representing the station in community related events.
- Coordinates, organizes and conducts interviews.
- Creates multimedia content for multi-platform distribution (TV & digital). Shoots, writes, and edits story ideas. Gathers, edits, packages and publishes local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic.
- Writes text articles, publishes video clips and edits image galleries according to the local editorial “voice in the station’s websites and social media accounts.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
- Assists producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
- Represents the station in community related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or related field.
- 2+ years in journalism or related experience
- Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing experience with good ratings track record.
- Be informed of news events locally and nationally.
- Knowledge of INews and Adobe Premiere editing software preferred
- Language Bilingual in English/Spanish – High level of reading, writing, and speaking is essential.
- Technology – Proficient in using Microsoft Office, PC operating systems, and recording and editing equipment.
- Discipline – Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure, with many immediate deadlines and priorities. Must be punctual and dependable.
- Communication – Ability to work well in a team environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.