Job Post from: KMCC/KTNV
KMCC/ KTNV, The E.W. Scripps Company Ion Media/ ABC station in Las Vegas, Nevada, is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join our team. The Broadcast Engineer provides preventative maintenance, emergency repairs and operations of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and microwave equipment.
**This job description applies to all employees but may vary depending upon union agreements
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide world class customer service to all business partners internal and external to the Scripps organization with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Support, maintain, and install the full range of broadcast, Radio Frequency (RF), and production systems based on both Serial Digital Interface (SDI), and Internet Protocol (IP) based architecture.
- Setup and enhance software, hardware, server, automation and workflow systems, projects and equipment to enable our teams to be both productive and efficient. Ensure all meet current industry standards and comply with company policies and expectations.
- Partner with the news department to develop, build and support content workflow and support systems including integration and problem-solving software, hardware, networking and infrastructure. This will include support and integration of audio and video, cameras, editing systems, streaming, content management and workflow.
- Use company purchasing management system to purchase and track assets and services as well as replacement cycles. This will include contributing to budgeting planning with the team and Director of Engineering to support business needs.
- Drive and assist in the operation, support, and maintenance of mobile live trucks which may involve work in confined spaces and on top of vehicle with the use of mobile work platform. Live truck technology may include microwave, satellite, cellular bonding, and video/audio equipment.
- Resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently, often under pressure.
- Design improvements to our operation.
- Maintain logs and reports as per FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Provide, enhance, and utilize proactive monitoring system to anticipate technical issues and be able to act accordingly.
- Update technical plan documentation when installations are completed to include changes that are made.
- Document and maintain records of equipment repairs.
- Research part numbers and pricing to determine where to purchase and the cost of repairs.
- Operate studio, news and control room equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or related subject; or equivalent experience.
- Network certification required (Cisco, CompTIA Network+).
- SBE certification preferred.
- At least 3 year broadcast operations experience preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
Must have working knowledge of all the following areas, and specialize in at least one of these areas:
- Broadcast and production systems support and engineering including SDI and IP based technology and workflow
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking, broadcast automation and workflow systems
- Transmitter support and engineering
- A strong understanding and ability to work with IT/cellular systems, servers, and devices, and actively pursue emerging technology in these areas
- Solid working knowledge of software for server and client operating systems including active directory
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Positive “can do” attitude and willingness to learn and grow with the job
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Team player
- Effective communication skills with all level of internal and external customers and partners
- Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently often whilst under pressure
- Knowledge of FCC rules
- Ability and willingness to learn complex new systems
- Self-motivated to work independently under timeline to achieve departmental and station goals
- Able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Familiarity with various test instruments, alignment apparatuses and knowledge of personal computers
- Deep operational knowledge of studio, news and control room technology
- Ability to guide and coach colleagues
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime hours as needed
- Availability to travel over multiple days is possible
- Must be able to work in changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.