Job Post from: KTNV
KTNV, the E.W. Scripps Company ABC station in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for a Sports Multimedia Journalist. The ideal candidate will be a driving force in our team, contributing significantly to the research, writing, and editing of captivating sports narratives in one of the globe’s most exhilarating sports cities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organize material, determine emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appear on television in packaged reports.
- Go live from the scene of events, breaking news. or mobile broadcast unit.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for stories for the web and social media platforms.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit, and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Generally, 3+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Storytelling ability.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
- Computer literate, including newsroom computer systems.
- Proficient at posting content to various platforms.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.