Job Post from: KTNV/KMCC
KMCC/ KTNV, The E.W. Scripps Company Ion Media/ ABC station in Las Vegas, Nevada, is looking for a Local Sales Manager (LSM) to join our team to help support our sports initiative as the official broadcast partner of the 2023 Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights! The LSM leads, coaches and mentors a local sales team to help local businesses realize growth opportunities by reaching customers through compelling multi-platform advertising solutions. This full array of advertising solutions may include platforms like Over the Top (OTT) video, search strategies (SEO/SEM), social media strategies, digital display and e-mail targeting, as well as broadcast television. Scripps also offers a top-notch ongoing training program to assist sales managers with the professional growth of their sales team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with DOS and other sales managers and departments to accomplish the objectives of the station.
- Organize, direct and manage the execution and performance of a team of local sales Account Executives.
- Negotiate ratings, rates and budgets.
- Develop new business for station utilizing and maximizing all station platforms including but not limited to broadcast, digital and mobile.
- Develop working knowledge of Scripps Sales Process (SSP) and coach Account Executives regarding SSP in the field.
- Utilize SSP, resources and tools provided to build effective sales strategies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Sales Managers to train, develop and motivate the local sales team so that revenue goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Sales Managers to foster career growth and development of the local sales team so that a pipeline of talent for future Scripps sales management openings is ready.
- Maintain positive working relationships with outside vendors.
- Interface with traffic systems and personnel to ensure efficient management of airtime inventory.
- Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies.
- Develop and implement pricing and packaging to fill needs of both client and station.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of the competing stations, other advertising mediums and position the station accordingly.
- Effectively forecast sales revenue and manage department expenses so that financial goals are achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years proven success in media sales.
- Experience in agency and direct strategic account management, broadcast inventory and digital/video capabilities required.
- Previous experience selling sports products preferred
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Ability to manage a team to reach sports and core revenue goals
- Demonstrated aptitude for informal leadership and mentoring; fosters open dialogue, empowers others, addresses conflict quickly and directly.
- Strong coaching and feedback skills.
- Strong ability to motivate others toward team goals.
- Able to foster an environment that enables creative and innovative thinking.
- Strong influencing, selling and upselling skills.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Very strong analysis and data interpretation – able to help others translate needs and research data into sound marketing proposals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation abilities (in person/virtual, small/large groups, all levels).
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Google Office (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and virtual conferencing platforms (E.g., Skype, WebEx, Zoom or MS Teams etc.).
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER:
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training.
- A career path to grow your professional experiences.
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.