Job Post from: KTNV
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Director III at KTNV. They will direct the station’s newscasts from the news automated control room while acting as resource for colleagues with less experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Direct or technical direct assigned daily newscasts.
- Work with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown.
- Direct control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration.
- Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned.
- Assist with studio setups including but not limited to lighting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Specialized training/certification may be required
- Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must have the ability to direct fast-pace rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
- Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Effective communication and people skills.
- Ability to perform constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.