Job Post from: KTNV
KTNV, the Scripps ABC station in Las Vegas, NV is seeking a talented Sr. Creative Services Producer to join their team! The Sr. Creative Services Producer is responsible for executing the development of the department’s strategic production and branding plan. The candidate will write, shoot and edit promotional campaigns, topicals, proof of performance and any station/network sponsorship campaigns. You’ll work with Creative Services Director on the execution of strategy and brand direction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Function as the key producer of station/network image campaigns, opens, teases, investigative promos, and sales/community initiatives. This includes the development of the concept, copywriting, shooting, and spot production.
- Conceptualize, write, shoot, and edit promos including daily topicals, images, programming, web, and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
- Serves as lead producer on promo production, including working with other staff to develop and execute promotion for all digital platforms.
- Attends news and sales meetings as needed to discuss campaign direction and implementation.
- Will interpret research projects to maximize our message and target specific viewer demographics and key strategic goals in all promotion/marketing.
- Will be a key liaison between news and sales to create a positive, effective relationship between departments.
- Responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance, and Sales sponsorship spots for broadcast, web, and social media channels.
- Works closely with news/sales team, producers, and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
- Shoot video elements for news, programming, and social media spots using the latest HD equipment and techniques.
- Design and create motion and still graphics for on-air, web, and print.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, marketing, communications or related field
- 5-8 years of professional broadcast marketing/promotion/creative services experience required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Proficient in post-production editing suites
- Knowledge of shooting video with various cameras.
- Must be able to interpret research and write compelling promotional copy to recruit and retain viewership. Must also be able to write copy for clients to generate product/service sales.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with others.
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong ability to write conversationally.
- Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
- Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be deadline oriented.
- May work nights and/or weekends, when needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.