Job Post from: KTNV
KTNV, the Scripps ABC station in Las Vegas, NV is hiring a Community Relationship Manager! The Community Relationship Manager creates, organizes and heads-up efforts to represent the station favorably in the local community. You’ll plan programs that promote goodwill and foster relationships with community leaders and organizations. You’ll execute multi-platform strategies for community efforts during the year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for development and execution of a successful community outreach strategy to help our communities and bring positive awareness to our station.
- Works with internal and external resources to generate news releases and/or response to media inquiries.
- Proactively searches out opportunities for us to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Works with on-air talent to organize their community portfolio, including special appearances, on-air promotion and relationships with community partners.
- Works with Creative Services staff to plan, develop and implement the design, organization and coordination of station events.
- Focuses efforts on partnerships and events that allow the station to promote its brand and strategy in positive ways that leave a lasting impact on the community.
- Identifies significant events that can be created or owned in the market.
- Incorporates social media into community efforts, while also giving concentration to how these efforts can be promoted on digital platforms. Also, has an awareness of how to effectively use tweets, hash tags, Facebook posts and any social media to encourage participation or distribute information.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a community or public relations field.
- Experience in cable television, broadcasting and/or journalism a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Track record of successfully coordinating and executing marketing campaigns around community partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (including public speaking).
- Proven organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage details of multiple, complex projects within deadlines.
- Strong ability to plan, initiate, market and evaluate partnerships.
- Ability to execute a clear and concise strategic plan.
- Must be a good listener, well organized, detail-oriented, independent, self-motivated, and able to work well under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in directing press agencies and communications strategies, and will have successful working relationships with key media representatives.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/careers/find-a-job/ or contact Krystin Lewis-HR Business Partner at 702-257-8492 with any questions.