Vegas PBS – Administrative Office Assistant
Class Code: 4827
Job Family: Broadcast/Communications Classification: Support Professional
Terms of Employment: Pay Grade 48 on the Support Professional Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
Under supervision of the Vegas PBS – Executive Assistant, performs routine clerical and administrative support duties requiring general knowledge of office systems/procedures. Answers administrative office phones and provides callers with programming or general information regarding Vegas PBS services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Assists in preparing station recruitment materials, outreach projects, and activities in conformance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) rules/policies for Broadcast TV, as requested.
- Accepts, screens, and routes telephone calls; answers staff and public telephone inquiries concerning Vegas PBS activities/operations.
- Greets and directs visitors (i.e., celebrities, elected officials, other dignitaries involved in television production, etc.), as appropriate.
- Operates office equipment (i.e., computer, printer, copier, switchboard, fax machine, microfilm machine, etc.); uses computer/mainframe applications (i.e., word processing, inquiry, data input, etc.) to obtain and enter data.
- Composes, types, and proofreads documents (i.e., correspondence, memoranda, tables, orders, reports, forms, etc.), as directed.
- Researches, compiles, and verifies information; maintains and updates data for department/Board reports and databases.
- Files correspondence, bulletins, reports, records, and other documents according to departmental guidelines; may retrieve files upon request.
- Establishes, collects, organizes, and maintains data pertaining to assigned tasks; composes departmental reports, as requested.
- Prepares travel arrangements for the General Manager, Southern Nevada Public Television Board of Directors, or other administrators/personnel, as requested; updates administrative calendars and schedules.
- Provides clerical support in coordinating and scheduling conference rooms for internal/external meetings.
- Assists in resolving minor administrative/operational problems.
- Photocopies, sorts, staples, and distributes documents, as requested.
- Types labels, envelopes, and forms; opens, sorts, date stamps, and distributes incoming/outgoing correspondence; prepares envelopes for mass mailings, as directed.
- Maintains/updates computer database to compile, store, and retrieve information; prepares various reports.
- Maintains security access for broadcast facilities.
- Conforms to safety standards, as prescribed.
- Performs other tasks related to the position, as assigned.
Performs administrative support functions involving routine clerical duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Position Expectations)
- Embraces, supports, and develops the corporate culture of teamwork, diversity, integrity, inclusion, excellence, and service.
- Knowledge of general recordkeeping/accounting practices; ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of basic Clark County School District/Vegas PBS policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand, explain, and apply written/verbal instructions, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate information, verbally and in writing; knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to prepare routine documents and compose business letters/memoranda.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment (i.e., computers, printers, copiers, telephone systems, facsimile machines, etc.)
- Ability to perform routine typing and computer operations (i.e., data entry, word processing, records retrieval, etc.)
- Ability to access, learn, operate, and maintain job-specific software applications; ability to read, update, and maintain records/files.
- May require the ability to operate specialized communications or office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District employees, students, parents/guardians, and the public.
- Ability to work without direct supervision to carry out assignments to completion; ability to meet predetermined deadlines.
- Ability to perform duties with a professional, cooperative work ethic; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts as necessary for efficient departmental operations.
- Ability to perform editorial checking for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to recognize/report hazards and apply safe work methods.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Education Development (GED), foreign equivalency, etc.)
- Three (3) years’ clerical experience.
Licenses and Certifications
A valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card.
Document(s) Required at Time of Application
- High school transcript or other equivalent (i.e., GED, foreign equivalency, etc.)
- Copy of a valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card.
- Specific documented evidence of training and experience to satisfy qualifications.
Examples of Assigned Work Areas
CCSD/Vegas PBS facilities – schools and department offices.
Sedentary/medium – exert force up to 50 lbs., occasionally; 10-25 lbs., frequently; up to 10 lbs., constantly.
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, and repetitive fine motor activities. Hearing and speech to communicate in person, via video conference and computers, or over the telephone. Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment. Stamina to remain seated and maintain concentration for an extended period of time. Vision: Frequent near acuity, occasional far acuity, and color vision. Vision to read printed and online materials, a Video Display Terminal (VDT) screen, or other monitoring devices.
Climate-controlled office settings with temperatures ranging from mild/moderate to extreme cold/heat. Exposure to noise levels ranging from moderate to loud for occasional to frequent time periods.
Furniture, office equipment, communicable diseases, chemicals and fumes (as related to specific assignment), and power/hand-operated equipment and machinery (as related to specific assignment.)
Examples of Equipment/Supplies Used to Perform Tasks
Computers, printers, copiers, calculators, fax machines, telephones, filing cabinets/equipment, etc.
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County School District, we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive innovative solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that through a culture of inclusivity, we have the power to reflect the community we serve
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 07/19/23
- Created: 01/21/15