Vegas PBS – Donor Relations
Class Code: 4812
Job Family: Broadcast/Communications
Classification: Support Professional
Terms of Employment: Pay Grade 48 on the Support Professional Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
Under supervision of the Membership Manager, performs complex clerical,
member/donor contact, and member event duties. Handles all aspects of premiums and ticket orders, data entry, research, report running, refund processing, data analysis, and office tasks requiring substantial independent judgement and general knowledge of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Uses computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook), fundraising software (i.e. Allegiance, Salesforce, etc.), and credit card processing systems (i.e. Worldpay, etc.) to obtain/enter donor membership data, perform other financial functions, and run reports.
- Orders, processes, receives, and ships premium merchandise. Maintains/updates premium inventory and analyzes reports to ensure all merchandise has been ordered and processed properly. Institutes and follows inventory control measures.
- May compose, type, and proofread documents (i.e., correspondence, memoranda, tables, orders, reports, forms, etc.), as directed.
- Researches, compiles, and verifies information; maintains data for departmental reports/databases.
- Manages data of correspondence, bulletins, reports, records, materials, and other documents, according to departmental guidelines; may retrieve files and produce reports, as requested.
- Generates, collects, organizes, and maintains data in fundraising database; composes/compiles departmental reports, as requested.
- Answers telephone inquiries from members, prospective donors, employees, viewers, and the public concerning membership and departmental activities/operations; reviews account data and responds appropriately to requests/concerns.
- Assists in resolving minor administrative/operational problems.
- May photocopy, sort, staple, and/or distribute documents, as requested.
- May type labels, envelopes, and forms; may open, sort, date stamp, and distribute incoming/outgoing correspondence.
- Maintains/updates computer database; compiles, stores, and retrieves information to prepare reports.
- Performs mail merges and prints letters/envelopes for mass mailings, as directed.
- Under general direction, organizes mailings, conducts various calls (such as with donors, members, viewers, vendors, volunteers, etc.), and assists in other departmental project.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes work.
- Interprets, explains, and applies written/verbal instructions, procedures, and regulations.
- Conforms to safety standards, as prescribed.
- Performs other tasks related to the position, as assigned.
Performs precision-oriented administrative support functions, including clerical duties requiring accuracy, attention to detail, and a working knowledge of basic office systems/procedures. Exhibits a consistently congenial attitude with effective communication skills required for heavy call volumes and frequent public interactions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Position Expectations)
- Embraces, supports, and develops the corporate culture of teamwork, diversity, integrity, inclusion, excellence, and service.
- Knowledge of basic recordkeeping/accounting practices; ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of basic Clark County School District/Vegas PBS policies, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment (i.e., computers, printers, copy machines copiers, telephones, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to understand, explain, and apply written/verbal instructions, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate information, verbally and in writing; knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to prepare routine documents and compose business letters/memoranda.
- Ability to perform routine typing and computer operations (i.e., data entry, word processing, records retrieval, mail merge, etc.)
- Ability to access, learn, operate, and maintain job-specific software applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Sendgrid, Fileshare, file transfer protocol (FTP) sites, Constant Contact, etc.); ability to read, update, and maintain records/files.
- May require ability to operate specialized communications or office equipment, as specified by assigned work area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Vegas PBS and District employees, students, parents/guardians, and the public.
- Ability to work without direct supervision to carry out assignments to completion; ability to meet predetermined deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially during fundraising campaigns.
- Possess multitasking and problem-solving skills to effectively resolve member issues.
- Ability to effectively manage heavy call volumes.
- Ability to perform duties with a professional and cooperative work ethic; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts as necessary for efficient departmental operations.
- Ability to perform editorial checking for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to recognize/report hazards and apply safe work methods.
- Possess an outstanding customer relations attitude to ensure excellent customer service at all times.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Education Development
(GED), foreign equivalency, etc.)
- Two (2) years’ clerical experience; or, Official high school or accredited college/university transcripts indicating coursework taken in each of the following areas: Computer Education (i.e., Keyboarding, Computer Applications, Office Technology, Word Processing, or equivalent); English (i.e., English III, English IV, English Composition, English Literature, World Literature, or equivalent); Mathematics (i.e., Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry); and one (1) or more course(s) in any business-related subject (i.e., Accounting, Finance, General Business, Business Law, etc.). Qualified candidates must have achieved a grade of B or better in each course.
Licenses and Certifications
A valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card.
- Six (6) months’ relevant work experience (i.e., donor relations, fundraising, non- profit, special events, travel planning, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, on the telephone and in-person.
- Strong math skills.
Document(s) Required at Time of Application
- High school transcript or other equivalent (i.e., GED, foreign equivalency, etc.)
- Copy of a valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card.
- Transcript(s) from an accredited college/university, if applicable.
- Specific documented evidence of training and experience to satisfy qualifications.
Examples of Assigned Work Areas
Vegas PBS, department offices.
Sedentary/medium – exert force up to 50 lbs., occasionally; 10-25 lbs., frequently; up to 10 lbs., constantly.
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, and repetitive fine motor activities. Hearing and speech to communicate in person, via video conference and computers, or over the telephone. Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment. Stamina to remain seated and maintain concentration for an extended period of time. Vision: Frequent near acuity, occasional far acuity, and color vision. Vision to read printed and online materials, a Video Display Terminal (VDT) screen, or other monitoring devices.
Climate-controlled office setting with temperatures ranging from mild to moderate cold/heat. Exposure to noise levels ranging from moderate to loud for occasional to frequent time periods.
Furniture, office equipment, communicable diseases, chemicals and fumes (as related to specific assignment), and power/hand-operated equipment and machinery (as related to specific assignment.)
Examples of Equipment/Supplies Used to Perform Tasks
Computers, printers, copiers, calculators, fax machines, telephones, filing cabinets/equipment, etc.
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County School District, we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive innovative solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that through a culture of inclusivity, we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 07/20/23
- Created: 01/06/17