Photographer I/Editor, News
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 200 broadcast stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of U.S. television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS 8 News Now is actively recruiting for a full time Photographer I/Editor, News.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible for editing and visual coverage of news events in a fair, unbiased and accurate manner.
- Photographs news events, both live and to digital file, for news events and programs.
- Edits material to match script prepared by reporter, producer or associate producer using in-house or field locations as needed.
- Works with reporter to get complete stories and makes suggestions on how a story should be produced.
- Keeps assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and files all required paperwork.
- Ability to set-up remotes to allow transmission of digital file feeds or live-from-the-field reports back to the station.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs above your head.
- Fluency in English
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of three years experience in Photography, Editing and Live Truck operations.
- Must have non-linear editing experience on Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Requires a valid Nevada driver’s license with a clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow directions, and ability to perform duties and make independent decisions under extreme pressure.
- Applicants must be flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Photographer/Editor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Photographer/Editor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled