Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 200 broadcast stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of U.S. television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for an experienced Newscast Producer. The successful candidate must have outstanding news judgment and deliver and contribute accurate, visual, news content across all platforms under deadline in a fast-paced newsroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
- Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
- Defines strategic direction for content coverage to meet newscast objectives.
- Contributes daily to the editorial process with story ideas.
- Makes solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Monitors post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Executes strategies that engage and grow audiences.
- Produce a newscast that appeals to target audiences.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and at least two years work-related experience preferred.
- Utilize state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
Work Environment: Can be a high stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Newscast Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans /Disabled