Marketing Specialist, Broadcast and Digital
KTVN 2 News in beautiful Reno, Nevada, seeks an entry-level Marketing Specialist to develop and grow new business. Must have an understanding of marketing, broadcast media, digital marketing and sales. College graduates who majored in Communications or Business are encouraged to apply. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Excellent benefits and training. If you are a self-starter, competitive team player and would like to work for a company who values its employees, submit your resume and application to Marty Lequerica, Local Sales Manager, mlequerica @ktvn.com.
Application available at KTVN, 4925 Energy Way, Reno, NV 89502 or at www.2news.com/ jobs.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. KTVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Broadcast and digital advertising services to new local business accounts.
- Responsible for the orderly flow of information from and to advertisers, agencies, and stations.
- Responsible for obtaining the largest percentage of buys possible.
- Responsible for making presentations to advertisers and agencies including preparation of station and market research (Wide Orbit, Nielsen/ComScore ratings, use of Laptop computer, PowerPoint, creating graphs and one-sheets, vendor presentations, digital services, other services and marketing tools as may become available).
- This position has the requirement of bringing in new agency and direct (no advertising agency involved) accounts to the station.
- Complete timely paperwork affecting accounts such as orders, avails and client correspondence and communicate daily with traffic, production, sales assistants, and sales management in order to expedite client needs.
- Participate in station training (JDA & Associates) and follow through with research and independent studies in order to assimilate the information.
- Keep current with the market through monitoring and study of competitive media. Report to management on market and account status with reports as required.
- Generate revenue to meet the stations and Marketing Specialist’s budgetary requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field preferred.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to market and sell TV and digital marketing plans to businesses.
- Excellent oral and written communication; strong public speaking skills.
- Able to direct /contain all elements of negotiation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
About KTVN 2 News
KTVN 2 News is one of two television stations owned by Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., an independent, family-oriented broadcaster with a dedication to local news and information.
KTVN 2 News is located in Reno, Nevada, only a half hour away from The Jewel of the Sierra’s, beautiful Lake Tahoe. Reno is the “happiest place to live in the United States” according to a new ranking from Outside Magazine (9/18/23).
Reno sits just below the beautiful Sierra Mountains, and only a short drive to Carson City, the state capitol. In addition to Lake Tahoe, Reno is close to several lakes and outdoor recreation spots, which make it a wonderful attraction for outdoor enthusiasts. Reno and the surrounding areas provide the utmost outdoor activities, which includes boating, fishing, skiing, hunting, mountain biking, hiking, and several local events that makes Reno a destination city. The newly developed Mid-Town provides amazing local cuisine, music and art festivals, and walking paths next to the beautiful Truckee River.
Come join us and see why we are known as the station in northern Nevada offering Coverage You Can Count On.