KSNV TV, the Sinclair-owned NBC affiliate in Las Vegas, is looking for an exceptional Chief Photographer to take charge of our visual storytelling across multiple platforms. You will lead our outstanding team of photojournalists and editors by example and through hands on coaching.
KSNV TV, the Sinclair-owned NBC affiliate in Las Vegas, is looking for an exceptional Chief Photographer to take charge of our visual storytelling across multiple platforms. You will lead our outstanding team of photojournalists and editors by example and through hands on coaching. This position requires shooting, and your own video should set a standard for quality that others want to emulate. On the administrative side, we need a natural problem solver that can help the staff maximize our ability to gather content each day. An understanding of emerging technology and how to shoot a story for multiple platforms is a must. Las Vegas is a growing, vibrant market and we need to keep pace as the city grows. We need the right Chief Photographer to help us meet the challenge.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- The Chief Photographer will be responsible for training and directing a staff of photojournalist.
- This is a hands on role which will also include shooting and editing stories in non-linear format, setting up microwave and satellite shots.
- Must be able to work weekends, longer hours and/or vary shifts as necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines.
- Must be able to work with the entire News Department as well as independently
- 50% (+/-) Shoot and Edit
- 30% Direct, train and assist photographers
- 10% set-up and operate microwave and sat truck
- 5% work with the Engineering Department on vehicle maintenance and photographer gear
- 5% post to web or other multi-media platforms
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Dexterity to operate camera
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 professional years as a News Photographer
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2 yrs. experience Editing (AVID)
- Must be able to work under pressure, stress and meet deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group