News Producer/Content Editor (3702)
Entravision is a leading global advertising, media and ad-tech solutions company connecting brands to consumers by representing top platforms and publishers. Our service portfolio enables high-performance campaigns while using highly competitive audience reach, cutting-edge mobile programmatic solutions, machine-learned bidding algorithms and demand-side platforms on a global scale. In the US, Entravision is a leader in Hispanic marketing & media solutions serving both local and national Clients for more than 25 years. Our unique portfolio includes primarily Spanish language TV & Radio broadcast assets across 35 markets, an exclusive audio network & streaming platform, and a robust mix of curated digital & social media content solutions. We are seeking a News Producer/Content Editor for our Las Vegas market. This is a Full Time position. Actual schedule and hours may vary. Must be able to work holidays as needed and the necessary hours to perform the duties as outlined.
The News Producer/Content Editor is responsible for development and organization of the local Spanish-language newscasts including writing, story development, showcasing and responsible for overseeing the live or pre recorded broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions. Candidate will work closely with the News Managers, Assignment Editors and reporters to determine content needs. Qualified candidates will be key in enhancing content of the rundown with graphics, video, research and station branding.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to being able to write clearly for multiple platforms, posting content to the station website, and editing video content for the daily news.
- Starts daily editorial meeting; develops interesting story ideas using strong editorial judgment.
- Coordinates interviews and logistics for field crews.
- Facilitates the news gathering process and ensures comprehensive coverage of all news stories across all of the platforms.
- Develops enterprise story ideas consistent with the Entravision news brand.
- Cultivates contacts important to news coverage in the metropolitan area, including law enforcement.
- Monitors police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and disseminates the information to appropriate newsroom personnel.
- Cooperates with and supports news and online platforms as assigned.
- Writes compelling stories for newscasts and web distribution.
- Calls sources and follows up on leads, identifying the most compelling video and sound.
- Masters the station’s graphics system and uses all of the available information and media to craft compelling and accurate daily stories on-line and on air.
- Works closely with fellow producers, anchors, reporters, and control room operators to ensure technically flawless newscasts.
- Does in-house packages and re-track stories when needed.
- Regularly updates station’s social media posts.
- 3 or more years experience in a Producer role within a true newsroom, non-college station.
- Live shot experience a must
- Solid social media experience and be well connected
- Demonstrated experience as an Associate Producer preferred.
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication skills and must have a passion for great visual storytelling, should be excellent at writing a tease and should be able to write and edit video clearly for Television broadcasts.
- Candidate should be an energetic, experienced journalist who works well in an often-fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong written, organization, communication and writing skills are a must as is a keen editorial judgment and ability to handle breaking news.
- Candidates must have knowledge of and demonstrate creative skills, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Should have experience with posting news content to social media platforms.
- Multi-task in a dynamic, high pressure, deadline and content driven and technology-intensive environment.
- Candidate must be able to read write and speak Spanish fluently.
- Strong proficiency in iNews amd Adobe Premier preferred.
- Self-Starter who knows how to craft news, sports, and weather stories from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent People Skills.
- Sound Judgment.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Strong Leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field or equivalent training and /or experience.
- Strong understanding of news gathering ethical and legal issues.
- Genuine enthusiasm for work and a drive for excellence.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.