Account Executive III
Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, has an immediate opening for an advanced seller. The right candidate will receive an active client list. Your job will be to grow market share and develop new business using CBS Prime, premium sports like the NCAA March Madness Tournament, NFL Football, and top-rated news. Come join the fun! Come join the success!
The Sales Account Executive III will have some media sales experience. The ideal candidate will generate new advertising revenue by cold-calling prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital media advertising.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales strategies
- Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted multi-platform campaigns
- Establish trusting relationships with clients and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery, and follow-through
- Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are new or expanding and meet requirements to be viable long-term KLAS clients
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
- Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
- Support collection of receivables
- Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
- Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset and collaborative spirit
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media
- Media sales experience preferred and an excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Ability to quickly recover from adversity and rejection
- Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
- Professional appearance is a must
- Reliable transportation, valid drivers license and a satisfactory driving record
Requirements & Skills:
- College degree preferred-Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive III must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled