Job Title: Part Time Promotion Assistant/Spanish Translator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The role of the Promotion Assistant is to assist the Promotions Director with administrative and event preparation duties. Including on-site event set ups. Also, responsible for translating written documents, audio and video recordings from English to Spanish and Spanish to English. The translator will work with a variety of clients.
Essential Promotion Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of required promotional admin and equipment and personnel communication between departments.
- Overall contest and event administration and coordination.
- Assist with setting up and representing the station(s) for site appearances at various locations and events.
- Customer service oriented to act as a contact between listeners and the station during events and promotions.
- Assist the front desk with distributing prizes to listeners, but not limited to.
- May require promotional outings to sports and other entertainment.
- Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
Essential Translator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure translations are accurate and culturally appropriate for the intended audience.
- Review and proofread translated documents to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with clients and staff to understand their specific translation needs.
- Meet translation deadlines/timelines set.
- Research and stay up-to-date with industry-specific terminology and jargon.
- Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills both in English and Spanish. Must be fluent in both languages.
- High School Diploma is required, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Prior marketing and/or broadcasting experience preferred, though not required.
- Must be a motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel and Word) preferred, though not required.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize.
- Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in translation software and tools preferred, though not required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily located in an office environment but may require travel to remote sites.
- Some repetitive motion required.
- Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and other necessary equipment
- Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lotus Radio Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates over 35 radio stations in the Western United States including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Seattle, Boise, Tucson, Fresno, Idaho and Bakersfield. Our Northern Nevada cluster has been serving the market for nearly 50 years and maintains a dominant position in broadcasting. Lotus Radio ensures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.