KOLO news now has an immediate opening for a full time news editor. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude geared towards a high paced news environment.
- Edit video throughout the day for live newscasts under tight deadlines, as directed by the news producers, chief photographer and executive producer.
- Send and receive feeds from photographers and reporters for quick turnaround.
- Post and update multi-media content on www.kolotv.com, Facebook, Twitter and other digital platforms as assigned.
- Manage transfer of video through FTP, satellite, and microwave.
- Maintain editing systems and archives.
- Assist newsroom personnel with questions and problems with editing system
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- College degree in journalism, related field or equivalent job experience.
- Familiarity with Grass Valley Edius and ENPS a plus.
- Willing to reside within 30 minutes of station.
- Able to work nights, weekends or overnights, as well as flexibility to work overtime during breaking news situations.
- A clean DMV record is required.
- KOLO-TV / Gray Television has a no-tolerance drug policy and conducts both pre-employment and random drug screens.
Salary based on experience.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
By email to Openings@KOLOTV.com | https://gray.tv/careers
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to:
Attn: News Editor Opening
4850 Ampere Drive
Reno, NV 89502
KOLO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. EOE Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies. KOLO-TV/Gray Televisions Group, Inc. Participates in E-Verify.