Job Title: General Sales Manager (GSM)
Station: All Lotus Reno Stations
The GSM will lead, train and foster a cohesive team unit focused on productivity and exceeding sales objectives.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage sales team and maximize revenues through inventory management of serving customer
- Attain overall revenue and market share goals.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates.
- Oversee efforts of sales team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Monitor sales progress, market revenue activity and report such to General Manager.
- Conceptualize and execute marketing programs and client services.
- Develop, implement and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Hire, coach, train, counsel and motivate sales team.
- Develop sales commission and incentive plans.
- Conduct sales staff meetings.
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable.
- Manage inventory and rates through coordination with the Traffic Department.
- Attend and participate in client meetings, station events, trade shows/community organization events when needed.
- Attend responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of five years experience in Sales Management in the broadcasting industry is preferred
- Must be Spanish bilingual
- Proficient MS Office skills, i.e. Power Point, Excel and Word is required
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize daily routine and urgent tasks
- High School diploma is required, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance
- Must be able to pass background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office environment, some repetitive motion required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.
Lotus Radio Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates over 35 radio stations in the Western United States including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Seattle, Boise, Tucson, Fresno and Bakersfield. Our Northern Nevada cluster has been serving the market for nearly 50 years and maintains a dominant position in broadcasting. Lotus Radio ensures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.