job requisition id REQ-22921
Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. KLAS 8 News Now is recruiting for a full time Production Assistant. The News Production Assistant provides support to production staff prior to, during and after the production of a program. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support production staff with the coordination, creation, scheduling and distribution of all news marketing projects.
- Assist with general duties including screening tapes, finding still images, etc.
- Research and disseminate ideas for project-related news topics and elements.
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage for projects; organize element reels.
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented; excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience with Jimmy Jib, non-linear editing a plus.
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Office.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds over their head.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Production Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans /Disabled
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 200 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 68% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled