Posting Date: 1/9/2023
Minimum Deadline for Submission: COB 1/9/2023
Maximum Deadline for Submission: until filled
Station Management reserves the right to hire within the minimum and maximum deadlines.
The Meteorologist has general responsibilities of gathering and interpreting weather information for presentation on station news programs, or for other news media as determined by the station.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY:
- Ability to effectively operate all current and future weather related equipment at the station and the training of others in operation of the equipment.
- Maintaining the skills necessary to perform the tasks of Meteorologist such as, computer graphics, weather data interpretation and forecast preparation.
- Produce weathercasts in accordance with the strategic plan of the newsroom.
- Produce weather content on multiple platforms including, but not limited to, social media and station website.
- Engage with viewers/fans/followers on social networking.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- College degree in Meteorology and AMS Seal.
- Understanding of newsroom operations.
Willing to reside within 30 minutes of station • Available for varying work schedules due to temporary or permanent schedule changes, or breaking news coverage. Salary based on experience.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to:
Attn: Meteorologist Opening
4850 Ampere Drive
Reno, NV 89502
KOLO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. EOE Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies. KOLO-TV/Gray Televisions Group, Inc. Participates in E-Verify.