Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
The Promotions Producer will be a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing, and special projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Creative Services Director to conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns either independently or as a team
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
- Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned
- Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
- Manage promotion inventory on daily station logs
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of on-air promotion experience as a writer/producer/editor for a local station or cable network working in a news environment
- Must have ability to work daytime hours regularly and flexible hours including weekends when needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to provide a reel of work examples — include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
- Strong non-linear editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in Adobe Creative Suite, mainly After Effects and Premiere
- Passion for strong image and promotion writing
- Possess strong video production skills utilizing Sony, Canon, and Blackmagic Cameras
- Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Promotions Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled