Job Title: Full-Time Announcer
Station: KOZZ / Reno
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position of Full-Time Announcer supports the Programming Department, which is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the station’s associated computer/software equipment and systems necessary to meet programming responsibilities; including other duties assigned. This position is responsible for relating to our audience with compelling/entertaining content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating the broadcast board for live and taped broadcasts, inclusive of editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Responsible for protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Organize and gather feeds, edit, and distribute copies of shows; check logs and troubleshoot technical issues/problems.
- May be responsible for setting up remote broadcast equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the broadcasting industry within a similar role is preferred.
- Local area radio, media and public relations experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of social media platform algorithms and best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and emerging technologies preferred.
- Able to write and publish blog posts to station website.
- NexGen experience preferred.
- Video Production experience using Adobe, Filmora, FinalCut or similar preferred.
- Demonstrate production abilities.
- Word Press for Broadcasters experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge in broadcast equipment.
- Adobe Audition experience a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment.
- This is a service-oriented position as a station ambassador requiring excellent written and oral communication skills, personable interaction with fellow employees, clients and the public at large.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The position may require use of personal and / or company vehicles for travel to sites as necessary.
- May be required to work other shifts as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Valid Drivers’ License and excellent driving record required. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily located in an office environment, but will require travel to remote sites. Some repetitive motion required.
- Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and necessary equipment
- Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50+ pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lotus Radio Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that own and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates over 35 radio stations in the Western United States, including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Tucson, Fresno, Bakersfield, Boise and Seattle. Our Northern Nevada cluster has been serving the market for nearly 50 years and maintains a dominant position in Active Rock, Classic Rock, Adult Hits and Sports Talk radio. Lotus Radio ensures there is no discrimination based on the ground of race, color, religion, genre, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please request an application via email@example.com or via fax at 775-327-9595