Job Title: Promotions/Remote Tech/Board-Op
FLSA Status: Full-time Non-Exempt
The position of Promotions/Remote Tech/Board-Op supports the Promotions/Production/Programming Departments, which is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the station’s associated computer/software
equipment and systems necessary to meet Production/Programming responsibilities, client remote broadcasts and station events throughout Northern Nevada; including other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for adhering to FCC Rules and Regulations as pertains to this position.
- Responsible for operating the broadcast board for live and recorded shows, inclusive of editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Organize and gather feeds, edit, and distribute copies of shows; check logs and trouble shoot technical issues/problems.
- Responsible for audio production.
- Responsible for maintaining Network and Barter Commercial affidavits.
- Drive and maintain station vehicles. Station vehicles should be clean and ready for the next remote.
- Execute technical and physical set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events and maintain working condition of remote equipment and station vehicles. Assist station Air Talent as needed.
- Represent the station in a positive, professional manner at client remote broadcasts and station events.
- Apply positive, professional communication skills with customer service mentality when interacting with co-workers, listeners, clients, etc.
- Front desk duties as assigned to cover certain shifts.
- Reports to the Promotions Director.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Programming, Promotions, Sales, Admin and General Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of experience working in the broadcasting industry within a similar role is preferred
- NexGen Automation System Experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years On-Air experience preferred
- Demonstrable Production abilities
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, but not required
- Knowledge in broadcast equipment
- Adobe Audition experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment.
- This is a service oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communication skills, personable, professional interaction with fellow employees, the general public and clients
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- The position may require use of personal and/or company vehicles for travel to sites as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Valid Drivers’ License and excellent driving record required. Must have a reliable means of transportation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be reliable, punctual, detail oriented, highly organized, responsive, and excellent at time management
- Ability to think quickly with good problem-solving skills while still maintaining safety for you and others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist station event planning and execution as directed from time to time which may include live remote breaks
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily located in an office environment but may require travel to remote sites over rough terrain
- Some repetitive motion required.
- Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and other necessary equipment
- Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lotus Radio Corp. insures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age,
handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion,
compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be
qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity. Those interested are encouraged to
apply by sending your resume and requesting an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.