Position/Title: Sales Assistant, National
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv
Join the exciting world of television and digital media sales with the nation’s largest television operator, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., at their CBS affiliate TV station in Las Vegas, Nevada. KLAS TV 8 is currently seeking a motivated, detail oriented National Sales Assistant to be an integral part of the sales team. This key position will support the National Sales Manager and work closely with the National Rep firm to ensure revenue growth success.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/16/2022
Closing Date: 10/16/2022
City: Las Vegas – 89109
- Work in collaboration with all facets of the sales department: national sales, local sales, digital sales, traffic and research
- Enter orders/revisions in WideOrbit.
- Confirm orders in the Strata (rep firm) system.
- File original Strata orders and revisions in a master file.
- Communicate with national rep firm regarding preempted commercials and provide make-good offers. This includes following up with all unresolved preempts.
- Provide commercial advertising times and rating point analyses to rep firm as needed.
- Work with corporate A/R department on invoices, discrepancy claims and collection issues.
- Notify rep firm of late runs due to programming overruns, late-breaking news, etc.
- Support National Sales Manager by working with Creative Services on commercial production projects.
- Distribute reports to sales management when needed.
- Oversee paid programming by working directly with rep firm to make sure station has all paid time periods sold with program titles and CIA checks.
- Submit advertising copy instructions to the traffic department.
- Work with other sales support personnel when needed.
- Weekly rotation to fill in at station switchboard
- Support other station departments and initiatives when needed
- Perform or assist with additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Personable with good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to learn industry software such as Strata, Wide Orbit, Nielsen, ComScore.
- Two or Four year college degree and prior work experience preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Sales Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****