Title: Associate Content Creator
Reports to: Director of Programming
Supervisory Position: No
Full Time Position: Yes
The Associate Content Creator position works with others in the creation, branding and production of various projects including tagging of national content, local promotions, creation of menus and daily line-ups, station ids and other related interstitial material. This position will also work with programming to traffic and enter on-air promotions. This person will be an integral member of our content team, but must be able to work independently as well. Strong attention to detail is required. Knowledge of videography, editing and sense of composition is preferred.
This is a full time position with benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Edits promotional video segments, tags local and national promotions.
• Edits interstitials, promotions, local series and other multimedia content as needed.
• Helps find appropriate music and other key elements for the development of program content.
• Ensures additional creative production elements are obtained and appropriately used (music, graphics etc.)
• Builds and flights interstitials in Traffic software for scheduling
• Maintains future promotions list of interstitials for tagging
• Assists with broadcast logs as needed
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience with high-quality field and studio videography preferred.
• Must be experienced in the editing of video segments and/or programs in non-linear editing systems (Adobe Premiere preferred).
• Must possess strong written and verbal skills.
• Must be computer literate in office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Some experience with web-based content management systems and basic Photoshop a plus.
• Must possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills for managing diverse projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work effectively in a cooperative, collaborative manor with other team members to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to grasp — and have a passion for — the mission of PBS Reno and the needs of its audience.
INDEPENDENT ACTION: The position requires the individual to think and act independently.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Submit your application to Administrative Assistant Faneece Fountain at email@example.com. Make sure to include where you found our job posting in email.