- job requisition id
KTNV, a Scripps ABC station, is looking for an Associate Producer to join our Creative Services Team in the dynamic city of Las Vegas. The Associate Producer’s primary focus is to assist with the daily operations of the Scripps promotion department with a focus on supporting and work with the Morning Blend Segments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with Wide Orbit and scheduling of on air web logs, promotional spots and web ads.
- Manage and maintain supervisor and department calendars
- Assist the Creative Services Director with administrative support.
- Post content on station websites and social media platforms and/or purchase facebook ads.
- Write press releases for CMS and upload them onto the web and general distribution.
- Maintain current press listings to communicate to the public as needed.
- Assist with writing, shooting and editing promos and public service announcements
- Coordinate and help organize/execute events, promotions and contests
- Brand ambassador at on-site events as needed
- Write clearly plus shoot video and still photographs and edit video for community events and for multiple platforms.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Participate in promotional events as needed.
- Assist in writing, shooting and editing video at community events for multiple platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School Diploma/College degree preferred or related background
- At least one (1) year professional broadcasting marketing/promotions/creative services experience
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Personal Computer skills including MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Video skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and perform well under deadline pressure
- Detail oriented
- Must be familiar with all aspects of Scripps programming and operations, as well as knowledge of station contesting, formats and events.
- Understanding of Facebook ads and written communication for social media platforms.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of editing software
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, PR web services, blogging
- Ability to work alone and in groups as a member of a team
- Fast thinking, energetic and able to meet or exceed deadlines
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance required
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law. This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Apply here https://scripps.com/