KSNV has a great career opportunity for a Promotions Director to join our senior leadership team.
KSNV has a great career opportunity for a Promotions Director to join our senior leadership team. The Promotions Director is responsible for effective workflow, productivity, technical quality, and creative output for all station promotion including news, programming, sales promotions, client commercials and community service. This includes on-air promotion and packaging of the channel, marketing content and client production. This position is the point of contact between programming, local news, and sales. This position is both creative and strategic and works closely with station management to develop brand strategy, launch content, and create brand identity and packaging.
- Oversees the development of creative concepts for all on-air creative and off-air promotional content for all platforms
- Writes captivating copy to target your news audience
- Produce topical, special report promos, image campaigns and syndicated promotions
- Demonstrates excellent creative concept skills for all station branding
- Oversees all aspects of Commercial Production with production producers and Promotions Manager, including working with sales staff, clients, and agencies
- Work with Sales Management and Marketing Consultants to create a mutually beneficial relationship with clients in the community
- Station liaison to corporate creative services; executing national promotions and supporting their effort.
- Develops, evaluates, and oversees external media budget for radio and other platforms.
- Manage the creative direction of all on-air creative and off-air branded materials
- Provide overall creative leadership of on-air promotion and branding with the goals of maintaining and improving local ratings, revenue, and brand awareness.
- Maintain an effective workflow and effective timelines for projects
- Experienced television professional with a preferred minimum of seven years creative experience in broadcast and/or cable on-air production
- Comprehensive understanding of production and/or post-production operations
- Must be able to own projects from start to finish; create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit
- Experienced script writing/review and the workflow process
- Non-linear editing experience using Adobe and AVID
- Advanced knowledge of Video and DSLR cameras, motion graphics and creative lighting techniques
- Extensive shooting and scripting of both short and long form spots
- Must be a team player and collaborator with different stakeholders
- Possess strong leadership, motivational and communication skills
- A self-starter with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality
- Balance multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with limited supervision
- Creative thinker with the ability to understand the needs of the business
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to routinely lift, carry and move equipment more than 40 lbs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group