Sales Assistant / Broadcasting
Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
The Sales Assistant provides sales & marketing support and is involved in selling activities associated with all station projects with our television stations and digital assets. As a key member of the Sales team, the Sales Assistant is responsible for the coordination and sales efforts of multiple sponsorships that creates traditional and nontraditional revenue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all clerical functions for the Sales Department.
- Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures.
- Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources.
- Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems.
- Prepares forms, reports, letters, and program formats.
- Monitors inventory for correct formatting.
- Maintains files and other business records.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High School diploma, college degree preferred.
- Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of OSI, Strata, Wide Orbit and comScore a plus!
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Sales Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled