JOB TITLE: Building Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Hourly /Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Full-Time
Facilities Engineer has the responsibility for the upkeep of the station building in and around the property along with assisting the Assistant Chief Engineer in maintaining and operating all production and engineering equipment at PBS Reno and associated remote sites. The Building Maintenance Technician position requires being on call, and at certain times, the broadcast facilities maybe be required to work during evening and early morning hours. The Building Maintenance Technician will be available for consultation on operational or procedural problems and may be required to do broadcast engineering work at times. The following items list some of the responsibilities of the Building Maintenance Technician:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and prioritize the tech support e-mails and repair facility equipment as needed. Maintain all building, janitorial and engineering equipment in a suitable and timely fashion to insure the smooth and efficient operation of the building and station, insure compliance with State, County and FCC technical rules.
- Help with installation and maintenance of transmission equipment.
- Be familiar with HVAC, painting, electrical and plumbing. Address operational failures to maintain building operations. Evaluate operations systems for efficiency improvements.
- Suggest and implement, on approval, equipment or system modifications. Design and construct, upon approval, custom equipment, hardware and cable assemblies.
- Identify replacement parts needed for proper repairs and maintenance to all PBS Reno equipment lighting and HVAC systems. Provide information regarding part numbers and the best source for the necessary parts.
- Available for on call responsibility. May be required to carry a cellular telephone, and be prepared to travel to remote sites in inclement weather as needed to provide fast response to engineering emergencies.
- Coordinating with outside contractors for building repairs and inspections.
- Up keep of all station motor vehicles.
- Valid state driver’s license and must have the right to work in the United States.
- Janitorial Duties include wipe down of indoor surfaces, bathrooms and common areas including the stocking of disinfectant and masks. Making sure recycling and garbage collection is done along with vacuum of common areas as needed and areas UNR janitorial cannot access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 75 pounds, and be able to
handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
Please email resumes or questions to: email@example.com Administrative Assistant.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.