Lotus Broadcasting is accepting applications for a Part-Time Broadcast Operations Engineer. This position exists to keep the station on the air and functioning properly. It supports all the technology including computer playout systems, the broadcast transmitters and program delivery infrastructure, such as studio-transmitter links, satellite delivery systems, and digital streams. The position also maintains and repairs the technical equipment in the broadcast and production studios including broadcast and production consoles and microphones.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee all equipment as it relates to the radio broadcasting system.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
• Maintain and repair towers, transmission equipment and facilities, and studio operation.
• Identify and resolve issues independently.
• Maintain and troubleshoot issues on broadcast specific software and operational services.
• Work with the Program Directors to ensure that the automated processes at the studios are operating properly. This will include nights and weekends.
• Assist staff in resolving issues with news gathering equipment, remote recording equipment and IT related issues.
• 5 years of broadcast technical experience, and acceptable formal technical training evidenced by certifications, to include but not limited to Radio Frequency Certification (RF), Certified Broadcast Engineer (SBE), Certified Electronics Technician, & FCC First Class License.
Special Skills / Training:
• Broadcasting and Automation software
• Satellite earth station maintenance and repair
• Understanding of IT networking and computer systems
• Knowledge and experience working with high power broadcast transmitters and antenna systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits and systems.
All interested candidates please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lotus Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.