Account Executive III
Nexstar Media Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 198 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing nearly 62% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, has an immediate opening for an advanced seller. The right candidate will receive an active client list. Your job will be to grow market share and develop new business using CBS Prime, premium sports like the NCAA March Madness Tournament, NFL Football, and top-rated news. Come join the fun! Come join the success!
The Sales Account Executive III will have some media sales experience. The ideal candidate will generate new advertising revenue by cold-calling prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television and digital media advertising. This is a salaried / commissioned position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive III must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled