CUMULUS MEDIA | Reno is looking for a dynamic Production Director / Continuity & Midday On-Air Host. Our people work in a state-of-the-art facility, take pride in our community, and value teamwork. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all…love radio, we should talk. Board work, remotes, and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you’ve got.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Reno – features four stations in Reno & surrounding counties. Our stations include K-Bull 98.1 FM, News Talk 780 KOH, 95.5 The Vibe FM, Wild 102.9 FM. The cluster reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include hosting a midday show that generates ratings by being entertaining, informative, community-oriented and forwarding the brand. Must have a deep understanding of how to go beyond the latest news, headlines and events to craft an entertaining and unique product. The candidate should be able to plan and produce a quality show, through creative ideas, segments, celebrity interviews and production elements. As an ambassador for Cumulus, participation in station and client events/remotes, connecting with the community and our listeners, building a relationship with clients through the sales team and networking within the market are paramount. Candidates must have unparalleled passion, worth ethic and drive. This position will also oversee the clusters Production and Continuity Department and should be extremely detail-oriented.
• Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
• Great with phones/interacting with callers, interviewing artists/guests and hosting live events
• Connect with listeners via phones, social, video, web and on-site
• Daily social media engagement; website and digital content generation
• Participates in station Programming, Promotions, Sales meetings and events
• Assist in imaging of the station
• Live Broadcasts and station appearances, whether paid or unpaid
• Daily Commercial Production; create killer endorsement commercials – both on air and online – for mutually agreed upon products
• Assign Commercial Production through traffic scheduling system
• Writing advertising copy • Handles emergency news/weather in show; on call for weather disasters/breaking news • Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station’s operations are aired
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc. must be added to online profile/application
• All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Professional growth and career path
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
• 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/