As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, 4 News and NSN Sports offers a limited number of highly-sought after unpaid internships aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television and human resources. Interns will experience all phases of a major market television station’s day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
NBC CHANNEL 4 News and NSN Sports internships are made available to juniors and seniors registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
Possible Internship Areas Include:
- Entertainment News
- General News
- Investigative News
- Web Operations
You Must Be
- A current college student who boasts a strong academic record.
- Able to receive college credit for this internship.
- A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience.
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently.
- A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline.
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule.
- Entertainment: In addition to general requirements, must be familiar with writing scripts and making banners. Must have knowledge of social media platforms and ability to stay on top of entertainment news and what’s trending.
- Web Operations: In addition to general requirements, must have excellent writing skills. Experience with web content, video editing or content management systems is a plus, but not required.
You Must Submit
- One letter of recommendation
- One copy of your academic transcript
- Cover letter: Please include answers to the following questions:
- 1) Which internship area are you interested in?
- 2) What are your career goals?
- 3) Why are you interested in working with Sinclair?
Internship Application Requirements
? Two samples of work such as writing projects, audio or videotapes (these can be graded class assignments or published work)
? Required forms from the applicant’s institution
? Application submittal – Bridge candidate profile
? A copy of internship guidelines from student’s institution, when possible the station should allow the college/university to provide oversight and input over the intern’s duties.
? Face-to-face interview virtually or in-person
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.