CHIEF RADIO BROADCAST ENGINEER
Kemp Broadcasting, Las Vegas, has an immediate opening for a full-time radio broadcast engineer.
Candidates should have a familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, transmitter site RF equipment as well as possessing strong computer/IT skills.
• Maintains overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimum transmission/broadcast performance
• Maintains traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment including but not limited to RF switchers, transmitters, transceivers, studio consoles and associated audio equipment
• Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems
• Conducts routine diagnostic testing, repair and replacement of all equipment used for radio stations broadcasts
• Performs the installation, training and support of software, hardware, and related 3rd party peripheral components, including but are not limited to file servers, commercial grade workstations, networking switches, NICs, monitors, KVMs, and radio equipment
• Documents equipment maintenance, repair, and replacements
• Makes decisions on test equipment, parts, and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair
• Installs, maintains, and supports desktop computer equipment for internal users as well as company-owned sites
• Periodic travel to other Kemp Broadcasting locations to assist in equipment installation or troubleshooting
• Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
• This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications as well as daily and personable interaction with executive management, programming and sales departments
• Must be able to work independently and as a team member
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record
• Must be able to climb ladders, work in small places and lift 50 pounds
• A minimum of 5 years radio broadcast experience is required.
• An associate degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
• Las Vegas, NV
ABOUT KEMP BROADCASTING, INC.
• Kemp Broadcasting & Digital Outdoor is a diversified media company. Kemp operates from the city of Las Vegas, NV with radio and billboard assets. Kemp operates two FM stations, KVEG HOT 97.5 (CHR) and KVGQ DaBomb 106.9 (Adult Hits) and AM station AM670 KMZQ (The Right Talk for Las Vegas) and their billboard division of more than 30+ billboards, six of which are digital. Additionally, the radio division operates one FM in the city of Payson, AZ, KEMP-FM (Adult Hits) a simulcast of KVGQ-FM and one FM in the city of Nanakuli, HI, KNAN-FM (HOT AC).
KEMP BROADCASTING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, AND WE ENCOURAGE DIVERSITY.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Applicants should send their resume to EClause@kvegas.com and MBasch@kvegas.com