The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating public service announcement production, creating and sending insertion orders to participating NVBA Member stations, and compiling affidavits and creating monthly reports for each public service announcement sponsor. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for the additional duties listed below and other assignments as necessary.
Applicants must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and be able to multi-task, take direction, stay well organized, and have acute attention to detail.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the President & CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Broadcast experience not required. Training will be provided.
- Coordinate/Facilitate production of public service announcements
- Create Insertion orders
- Compile and edit affidavits for each public service announcement sponsor
- Accurate accounting of affidavits of performance
- Create monthly summary reports for each public service announcement sponsor
- Maintain NVBA Station Roster/Database and traffic email list
- Manage Membership dues
- Coordinate Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP)
- Handle front office reception duties
- Update company website
- Organize inductee processes for Hall of Fame Gala
- Assist other staff as needed and other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with WordPress for website updates, Dropbox, Google/Gmail, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment and takes direction well
This is a Non-Exempt, Part-Time position.
Hours are 9am – 2pm, M – F, with ability to work outside those hours when needed.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Eligible to participate in the company’s retirement plan.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The Nevada Broadcasters Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to Lisa Hack, NVBA Business Manager, at Lisa@NevadaBroadcasters.org