Are you looking to get into media advertising and digital sales? The E.W. Scripps news station ABC 13 KTNV in Las Vegas is hiring an Associate Account Executive! This position is built to assist and teach a working knowledge of the various moving pieces within sales.
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their whole selves to work – a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar – like our passion for journalism — as much as we celebrate our differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
This position will assist and gain a working knowledge of the various departments within the sales department.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
PHASE 1: In the first month of the program, the associate will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• National Sales: Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions, make goods, preemptions, discrepancies and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing: Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Nielsen ratings/products; learn use of ABC network systems.
• Traffic: Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• New Media: Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
PHASE II: In the remaining months of the program, the associate will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in their role as a sales professional.
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities.
• Coordinate production efforts for new clients.
• Execute post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital).
• Utilize research to position the station as premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by Sales Management Team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
0-2 years of sales experience
College degree from an accredited College or University with a degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
Self-motivated creative and possess strong people skills
Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
Work within a team framework
Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Qualified applicants should apply at http://scripps.com/careers.