Come join KTNV Channel 13 in the dynamic city of Las Vegas! The Specialty Producer will produce compelling stories using, interpreting and visualizing data for multiple platforms which may include investigative stories and special projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research, develop, and plan investigative stories or special projects. This may include live or prerecorded newscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Write scripts as needed; Edit or repurpose existing content
- Work closely with MMJs, and/or investigative reporters and content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms
- May be responsible for tip line, emails, and responding to viewers
- Shoot still and moving video as needed
- Edit desktop video
- Work with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas
- May be involved in repurposing existing content to be showcased in a unique way
- Other duties as assigned
- Write, edit and optimize digital story content as it is gathered for the web, with story-by-story direction from Executive Producer of Real-Time Desk
- Apply knowledge of the dynamics of digital media as well as television content distribution, and actively work to gather elements advantageous to both platforms.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- 5+ years as a television news writer or producer with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations
- Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to television station websites
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Qualified applicants should apply at http://scripps.com/careers.