Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operation in the country. With the reach of 171 Television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television household, and a diversified growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for an experienced Weekend Producer (Wednesday through Sunday). The successful candidate must have outstanding news judgment, must know how to handle breaking news, utilize all live elements, be dynamic. The candidate must also deliver and contribute accurate, visual, news content across all platforms under deadline in a fast-paced newsroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
- Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast and digital publication.
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
- Contribute daily to the editorial process with story ideas and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
- Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and at least two years work-related experience preferred.
- Required to post digital/social media content.
- Utilize state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
- Two years line producing experience is preferred.
Work Environment: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Newscast Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled