Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
KLAS-TV is seeking a talented and driven individual to install, maintain and repair television and IT equipment. The successful candidate will have previous experience in broadcast maintenance, which should include master control, installation and configuration of broadcast and monitoring equipment, video file servers, non-linear editing, cameras, RF and microwave equipment. Must be able to read and understand electronic schematics and system diagrams. Should have basic knowledge of networking in a broadcast environment and be familiar with file system-based work flows.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining all station broadcast equipment within the facility.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring all inbound and outbound transport streams.
- Install, support and maintain IT equipment and infrastructure.
- Review and maintain system design documents and drawings.
- Perform routine maintenance on all broadcast equipment.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting to reduce equipment downtime and maximize system efficiency.
- Develop audio/video and IT solutions that meet end users’ requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple servers/routers/hubs/switches/PC’s.
- Interface with various users, technical services, technicians and other Engineers to implement, install and debug these systems.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by management.
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience with broadcast audio, video and control systems, video servers, graphics & IT systems.
- Knowledge of master control and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical staff to resolve technical matters.
- Knowledge of IT networks, RF, fiber optics and encoding/decoding equipment.
- Ability to lift and move PC and peripheral equipment…50lbs.
- Ability to climb latter, stairs, and work in high elevation, tight environments
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Maintenance Technician must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Maintenance Technician must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled