Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operation in the country. With the reach of 171 Television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television household, and a diversified growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled
KLAS 8 News Now is seeking a Graphic Artist. The successful candidate will design and build graphics for nightly newscasts. Key skills for the position include photoshop, video editing, web design, and communication skills, along with design skills and creativity. The right candidate will have a strong interest in local news as well as the ability to create innovative, impactful graphics.
Develop creative & editorial design of daily news graphics with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as assisting with motion design projects both independently and collaboratively with Promotions, News, Commercial Production and Sales staff to visualize and execute concepts for all station projects. This position also interacts with News Management, Producers and Directors to successfully create designs to help the storytelling process.
Candidate will be required to occasionally work non-traditional, flexible hours including weekends and holidays as well as in public safety, local emergency, and breaking news situations. Normal working schedule will be daytime hours on weekdays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and build graphics for nightly newscasts. Includes building full screen monitor graphics, maps, and informational graphics.
• Work with newscast producers to execute all graphics needed for daily newscasts and special productions
• Conceptualize, design, and create graphics and animations for sales, promotion and web as directed
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere
• Optional experience with Cinema 4D software is recommended
• Clear communicator with ability to communicate seamlessly with News and Promotions and the flexibility to work in rapidly changing situations
• The candidate should have experience with technical television news production, graphics design and or electronic media
• Basic computer troubleshooting skills is recommended
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Ability to routinely lift, carry and move equipment more than 40 lbs.
• High stress office environment with deadline pressures
• Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
• Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required Abilities
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled