Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KSNV has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our (morning, evening or weekend) newscasts, as well as working closely with the Executive Producer, Director and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The candidate must have at least 1-2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station.
- Previous experience as a web writer, web editor is strongly encouraged
- Experience in a newsroom setting on the Assignment Desk is also preferred
- An understanding of Inergize or a similar CMS
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, AP style writing, attention to grammar and a sense of urgency when breaking news happens.
- Ability to communicate effectively with reporters, management and online viewers
- Advanced computer knowledge and an understanding of HTML/CSS coding
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines for both the assignment desk and the website
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
- Updating and maintaining News3LV.com and the CW page
- Keeping Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms updated throughout the day
- Editing and posting relevant materials from reporters and producers onto the website
- Back-end HTML editing to create graphics and ever-changing sections to News3LV.com and the CW page. CSS Skills preferred
- Creating web-based content from materials gathered by photographers and reporters
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Listening and responding to scanner traffic
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group – Careers