Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Executive Producer (AM)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse. We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV has an immediate opening for Executive Producer to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy. The ideal candidate will produce daily newscasts and oversee production of newscasts and special programming. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Manage news room and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 3 producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group – Careers