KRNV-TV in spectacular Reno, Nevada has an opening for a dynamic and motivated full-time News Anchor/Reporter! You will help lead newscasts and will help produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks. It is essential you show examples of extemporaneous breaking news coverage and display the ability to flawlessly ad-lib on a major breaking story. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the newsroom, highly engaged in social media, anxious to anchor from the field and possess the ability communicate in a way with the audience while presenting a credible and engaging newscast.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include other shifts when necessary
- Knowledge of I-News scripting and basic newscast production techniques
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own organic story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Must have at least two (2) years of on-air experience
- Must have at least two (2) years of live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- A degree in broadcast journalism or related field is required
If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link of your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!