Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Our team is seeking an Accounting Manager to join the team to lead and supervise practices to encourage daily and long-term accountability in the name of compliance.
News 4, Fox 11 and Nevada Sports Net, in Reno, NV, is seeking an experienced Business Manager. We are looking for someone to oversee the Accounting and Human Resources functions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting with the management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of multiple stations and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, financial statements, forecasts, reports, variance analyses, etc.
- Review balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interact with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller, General Manager, and Corporate office
- Supervise the Assistant Business Manager responsible for the Human Resources & Payroll activities of the stations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in Accounting
- Strong organizational skills and self- motivated
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in Oracle Cloud a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group – Careers