Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
News 4, Fox 11 and Nevada Sports Net, in Reno, NV, is seeking an experienced Business Manager. We are looking for someone to oversee the Accounting and Human Resources functions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Responsibilities include assisting with the management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of multiple stations and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, financial statements, forecasts, reports, variance analyses, etc.
- Review balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interact with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller, General Manager, and Corporate office
- Supervise the Assistant Business Manager responsible for the Human Resources & Payroll activities of the stations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in Accounting
- Strong organizational skills and self- motivated
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in Oracle Cloud a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/