Broadcast Technical Engineer
KLAS-TV has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Technical Services Engineer.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operation in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television household, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv. EEO Statement:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
KLAS-TV is seeking a talented and driven individual to install, maintain and repair television and IT equipment. The successful candidate will have previous experience in broadcast maintenance, which should include master control, installation and configuration of broadcast and monitoring equipment, video file servers, non-linear editing, cameras, RF and microwave equipment. Must be able to read and understand electronic schematics and system diagrams. Should have basic knowledge of networking in a broadcast environment and be familiar with file system-based work flows for news and master control.
- Assist in maintaining all station broadcast equipment within the facility.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring all inbound and outbound transport streams.
- Install, support and maintain IT equipment and infrastructure.
- Review and maintain system design documents and drawings.
- Perform routine maintenance on all broadcast equipment.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting to reduce equipment downtime and maximize system efficiency.
- Develop audio/video and IT solutions that meet end users’ requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple servers/routers/hubs/switches/PC’s.
- Generates analysis from concept to completion on projects assigned.
- Interface with various users, technical services, technicians and other Engineers to implement, install and debug these systems.
- Responsible for successful completion of new initiatives and operational projects. Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by management.
|BS degree in Electrical Engineering, IT, and/or other advanced technical/science degree or related work experience.
Experience with broadcast audio, video and control systems, video servers, graphics & IT systems.
Knowledge of master control and operations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to communicate with non-technical staff to resolve technical matters.
Knowledge of IT networking, firewalls, RF, fiber optics and encoding/decoding.
Ability to lift and move PC and peripheral equipment…50lbs.
Ability to climb latter, stairs, and work in high elevation, tight environments.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar